5515 Snow white Ln —Charlotte, NC 28213 —Phone:(980) 785-5019—email@example.com—HTTPS://ANDREASTURDIVANT.COM/
Writer with five years of online journalism experience looking to leverage extensive background in digital media and broadcasting — search engine optimization, news writing, social media, video and television production — non linear editing and camera operation, copy editing and content management systems into an digital media and broadcasting position.
Content Management System-WordPress Platform
Television news writing
Video Script Writing
Sony HXR-NX100 Cameras
Canon XF105 Video Cameras
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Final Cut Pro 7
Final Cut Pro X
Windows, PC & Mac OS Platforms
Captive Web Media, Inc — Remote Freelance Content Writer, 2017 to present
· Writing and producing creative content on various companies of product information including topics on money-saving tips and resources, housing market of condominiums , yacht transport services and manufacturing of furniture tips, home decor and furniture repair.
· Writing compelling content including articles for on the web, blog and companies websites of as part of the strategy with titles, sub headings and meta descriptions.
· Editing and checking of grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors in the articles.
· Performing in-depth research on articles of technical topics to catch the search engine optimization with keyword densities.
WSOC-TV — Charlotte, NC News Editor, 2017
· Edited news to script.
· Edited news content from different network sources and Cox Media Group affiliates.
· Used solid news judgment to choose shots that reflect the vision of WSOC-TV.
Davidson College — Davidson, NC Freelance camera operator, 2017 to present
· Working with Technical director to determine all aspects of shots.
· Preparing Sony HXR-NX100 cameras and test angles or camera movements.
· Capturing quality b-roll footage of College sports, I.e. baseball, basketball and volleyball from a fixed or moving position.
Blasting News — Remote Digital News Writer, 2016 To Present
· Collecting and analyzing information about newsworthy current events of local, world and breaking-news to write news stories for digital publication.
· Gathers and verifies factual information regarding story through interview, observation, and research.
· Evaluating news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
Entercom Charlotte —Charlotte, NC Promotional Event Staff, 2016 To Present
· Working on location at radio station events, live broadcasts, sports events and holiday on ice events..
· Executing radio station’s live broadcast and/or remotes on a daily basis.
· Acting as liaison between radio station and the public.
· Execute radio station promotional activities at event locations including set-up and take down tents, tables, sound system, etc.
Carolina Monthly — Remote 2017 to present Volunteer Contributing Writer
· Collecting and analyzing information about newsworthy current events on emphasis on North Carolina culture, music venues, events, films and attractions written for digital publication.
Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC Production Assistant 2016-2017
· Assisted as an production assistant at television studio helping new cohort of students in doing stand-ups at anchor desk, green screen reading, camera operation of JVC studio cameras, assisted in editing stand-ups and running teleprompter for newscast readings.
Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC Producer/Videographer, 2016 “Cornelius Jazz Festival”
· Collected b-roll footage and interviews of Cornelius Jazz festival sponsored by Bella Love, Inc.
Carolina School of Broadcasting/WSOC-TV— Charlotte, NC Assistant Producer/Videographer, 2016 “Pirate Cove Classic Band Competition”
· Captured quality b-roll footage of Pirate Cove Classic Band competition for 30 minute segment for Carolina Connection in partnership with WSOC-TV television magazine.
Beasley Media Group — Charlotte, NC Volunteer Camera Operator, 2016 “Former President Barack Obama’s Personal Assistant and Aide Reggie Love”
· Captured quality b-roll footage of Radio Host and Public Affairs Director Francene Marie Morris and Reggie Love, Personal Assistant and Aide, Former President Barack Obama.
Queen City Bible College — Charlotte, NC Volunteer Assistant Copy Editor, 2010-2011 “Narcissism In the Church”
· Volunteered as an assistant copy editor checking grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors of my father’s thesis on Narcissism In the Church.
WordPress — Remote 2012 to present Writer/Blogger
· Crafting content on WordPress blog of literature —short stories, poems, novels, playwriting and screenwriting.
· Crafting content on WordPress Portfolio—recent news articles written from various digital and television platforms and Multimedia Pages of video production— work produced from various clients to social media—recent news articles and social media posts written.
WBTV —Charlotte, NC Job Shadow, 2017
Kingdom Covenant Christian Church — Matthews, NC Digital Media Intern, 2016 to 2017
BellaLove, Inc — Cornelius, NC Video Production Intern, 2016
Victory Christian Center Church — Charlotte, NC Production Assistant Intern, 2015-2016
Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC Production Assistant Intern, 2015-2016
Danielle Davis Creative Group LLC — Charlotte, NC Media Relations Intern, 2015-2016
Urban Sports Entertainment Group — Cornelius, NC Production Assistant Intern, 2016
WBTV — Charlotte, NC News Intern, 2015-2016
WCCB — Charlotte, NC Job Shadow, 2015
Hustle Boss Magazine —Remote Editorial Intern, 2014-2015
My Success Consultant —Remote Editorial Intern, 2014-2015
Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC Certificate in Digital Media Technology, 2016
Ashford University — Clinton, IA BA in Journalism, 2014