5515 Snow white Ln —Charlotte, NC 28213 —Phone:(980) 785-5019—firstname.lastname@example.org—HTTPS://ANDREASTURDIVANT.COM/
Writer with experience developing and producing original content for a variety of publications looking to leverage extensive background in digital media and broadcasting — news writing, social media, search engine optimization, copy editing and content management systems into a digital media and broadcasting position.
AP Style| AP ENPS| Bitcentral Core News| Blog writing Business story-telling| Copy editing| Copy writing| CNN Newsource Creative Writing| Content creation| Content Management Systems Content Optimization| Digital Content editing| Feature writing| Journalist ethics Journalism| Microsoft office| Multimedia Reporting| News Writing
Oasis| Proofreading| Photoshop Alternative software| Problem-solver Research & Fact-checking| Television news writing| Time management Video Script Writing| Web writing| Windows & Mac OS Platforms Camera operation| JVC cameras| Sony HXR-NX 100 cameras Canon XF105 video cameras| Non-linear video editing Adobe Premiere Pro CC| Avid| EDIUS Pro 8| Final Cut Pro 7 Final Cut Pro X| Videography| Video production
WSOC-TV — Charlotte, NC News Editor, 06/2017 to 08/2017
· Edited vsots, news packages, teases and vo’s to script for daybreak newscasts from 430, 5, 6, 7 and 8’o clock news.
· Edited news content from different network sources and Cox Media Group affiliates.
· Used solid news judgment to choose shots that reflect the vision of WSOC-TV.
· Created graphics on Avid and iNews.
NC Online News — Siler City, NC Multimedia Reporter, 03/2016 to 05/2016
· Top writer and productive story contributor among reporting staff of the newspaper.
· Written and interviewed local high school coach on two of prominent basketball players receiving All-District honors.
· Utilized social media analytics tools such as Search Engine Optimization to track visitors and marketing activities such as posting to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Carolina School of Broadcasting —Charlotte, NC Video Production Assistant, 09/2016 To 01/2017
· Handled weekly assignments of camera operation and floor directing for broadcast of Ready to Air week.
· Created scripts for on-air talent of Carolina Connection projects.
· Assisted in studio floor camera set-ups, green screen and lightening.
Entercom Charlotte —Charlotte, NC Promotional Event Staff, 10/2016 To Present
· Working on location at radio station events, live broadcasts, sports events and holiday on ice events.
· Executing radio station’s live broadcast and/or remotes on a daily basis.
· Acting as liaison between radio station and the public.
· Execute radio station promotional activities at event locations including set-up and take down tents, tables, sound system, etc.
Captive Web Media, Inc. — Remote Freelance Writer, 08/2017 to present
· Writing and producing creative content on various companies of product information including topics on finance and resources, home interior and design, fashion, home and consumer manufacturing products.
· Writing compelling content including articles for on the web, blog and companies’ websites of as part of the strategy with titles, sub headings and meta descriptions.
· Performing in-depth research on articles of technical topics to catch the search engine optimization with keyword densities.
Davidson College — Davidson, NC Freelance camera operator, 03/2017 to present
· Working with Technical director to determine all aspects of shots.
· Preparing Sony HXR-NX100 cameras and test angles or camera movements.
· Capturing quality b-roll footage of College games for Davidson Wildcats baseball and basketball games from a fixed or moving position.
Carolina Monthly Magazine— Madison, NC Volunteer Contributing Writer, 04/2017 to present to 04/2018
· Writing and editing news stores and features.
· Generating ideas for stories on emphasis on North Carolina’s culture, music venues, history, films, sports and attractions.
· Handling and utilizing social media analytics tools such as search engine optimization to track visitors and marketing activities posting to Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Blasting News — Remote Digital News Writer, 07/2016 To Present
· Collecting and analyzing information about newsworthy current events of local, world and breaking-news to write news stories for digital publication.
· Gathers and verifies information regarding story through interview, observation, and research.
· Evaluating news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
WBTV — Charlotte, NC Job Shadow 04/2017 to 05/2017
· Assisted the news producers in the 4 and 5’o clock newscasts of writing news scripts, teases and news stories.
· Produced, written and reported my own news packages on Memorial Service for Uber driver Marlo Medina and Local Uber driver Marlo Medina Goes Missing.
· Logging sound bytes on Bitcentral Newsource, oasis content management system.
· Assisted the production team in running the teleprompter for 4 and 430 newscasts.
Kingdom Covenant Christian Church — Matthews, NC Digital Media Intern, 10/2016 to 07/2017
· Increased website and Facebook page traffic up to 50%.
· Utilized social media analytics tools such as Search Engine Optimization to track visitors and marketing activities such as posting to Twitter, Website and Facebook.
· Written and composed content of articles and blogs on church’s website and social media accounts.
Bella Love, Inc. —Cornelius, NC Video Production Intern, 07/2016 To 10/2016
· Shot and edited b-roll footage of various music venue events, I.e. Cornelius Jazz festival, Bella Love Musician Mic night and Tawba Walk Arts and Music festival.
· Wrote scripts, interview questions and operated Sony HXR-NX 100 camera for music venue events.
· Assisted in camera set-ups and lighting kits in the field.
Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC Producer/Videographer, 08/2016 “Cornelius Jazz Festival”
· Collected b-roll footage and interviews of Cornelius Jazz festival sponsored by Bella Love, Inc.
· Shot and edited b-roll footage of Cornelius Jazz festival.
· Wrote scripts, interview questions and assisted in camera set-ups and lighting kits in the field.
Carolina School of Broadcasting/WSOC-TV— Charlotte, NC Assistant Producer/Videographer, 10/2016 “Pirate Cove Classic Band Competition”
· Captured quality b-roll footage of Pirate Cove Classic Band competition for 30-minute segment for Carolina Connection in partnership with WSOC-TV television magazine.
Beasley Media Group — Charlotte, NC Volunteer Camera Operator, 10/2016 “Former President Barack Obama’s Personal Assistant and Aide Reggie Love”
· Captured quality b-roll footage of Radio Host and Public Affairs Director Francene Marie Morris and Reggie Love, Personal Assistant and Aide, Former President Barack Obama voting discussion at Johnson C. Smith University.
WBTV — Charlotte, NC News Intern 09/2015-01/2016
· Assisted the news producers in the 10 and 11’o clock newscasts of writing news scripts, teases and news stories.
· Produced, written and reported my own news packages on Charleston Shooting, Six Months after the shooting, Heroic Boy La’Darius Wylie Killed in Hit&Run, North Charlotte Homicide shooting and Hit&Run Death of Toddler Riley Bradley.
· Logging sound bytes on Oasis content management system.
Raycom Media — Charlotte, NC Volunteer Camera Gripper, 11/2015
· Assisted as a grip for Novant Health/WBTV Charlotte Thanksgiving parade maintaining camera cords and mounted camera equipment.
WCCB — Charlotte, NC Job Shadow, 06/2015 to 06/2015
· Assisted the executive news producer, Amelia Griffin-Henderson in WCCB Rising 7 and 9’o clock newscasts of writing teases and news stories.
· Shadowed the production team in running the behind the scenes WCCB Rising 7 and 9’o clock newscasts.
Urban Sports Entertainment Group — Cornelius, NC Production Assistant Intern, 02/2016
· Crafted game and commercial formats for CIAA Tournament basketball games.
· Assisted as team member in setting up camera and audio equipment for CIAA Tournament Fan week.
· Edited replays, game melts and rough cuts using Adobe Premiere/CS6.
The Storm, Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC On-Air Host, 01/2015-01/2016
· Reported the latest breaking news for local, national, and world news
for student radio segment.
· Produced, Written, and Co-hosted radio segment on the effects of Domestic Violence affecting Men and Women in the Charlotte area.
· Interviewed Kathy Heatley, Safe Alliance Counselor about Safe Alliance program
helping men and women affected by Domestic Violence in the Charlotte area.
Danielle Davis Creative Group LLC — Charlotte, NC Media Relations Intern, 06/2015-02/2016
· Created, written and distributed press releases on Elaine DePrince, Michaela DePrince and Stacey Gholar.
· Build and updated media lists and databases.
· Effectively utilize company’s social media and blogs.
Carolina School of Broadcasting —Charlotte, NC Production Assistant Intern, 07/2015 To 01/2016
· Assisted as team member of camera operation for various production projects.
· Assisted in creating interview questions for on-air talent of Carolina Connection projects.
· Assisted in breaking down studio floor cameras, field camera set-ups, tripods and lighting kits.
Hustle Boss Magazine —Las Vegas, NV Editorial Intern, 08/2014-01/2015
· Assisted the editor-in-chief of producing story ideas on the latest trends in sports and entertainment.
· Written Entertainment feature on Matthew McConaughey about his life, marriage and career.
My Success Consultant —Los Angeles, CA Editorial Intern, 10/2014-03/2015
· Written business blog article on tips to get your business ready for the new year.
Carolina School of Broadcasting — Charlotte, NC Certificate in Digital Media Technology, 2016
Ashford University — Clinton, IA BA in Journalism, 2014