Why You Need A Fireplace Insert
Ah, the crackle of a fire in the hearth. There’s nothing like a blazing fireplace to create a sense of warmth and comfort during those cold and chilly winter months. Do you need to replace your traditional fireplace? Many times, homeowners have a beautiful fireplace surround but the fireplace itself is not functioning well. That situation is a perfect fit for a new Fireplace Insert. With the winter season upon us, now is the right time to buy a fireplace insert from HVACDirect.
What are Electric fireplace inserts?
Fireplace inserts are a smart way to save money on your next fireplace upgrade or renovation project. They are a great way to upgrade your current fireplace. The inserts we sell provide a dependable and powerful way to convert your preexisting fireplace into a renovated super-fireplace. Remodeling an old fireplace is an excellent way to enhance the look of your home.
Benefits of gas fireplace inserts
Natural gas and propane fireplace inserts provide a very high level of efficiency. The benefits of using a gas fireplace insert include a reduced time required for starting the fire as well as eliminating the cleanup work required after the fire has burned out when using the traditional wood fireplaces. To start the fire, you only need the touch of a button or the flip of a switch.
Many units are provided with a remote control, allowing you to turn the unit on or off from the convenience of your chair or couch. If you switch from using a wood-burning fireplace to a gas-burning fireplace insert, your home’s energy efficiency will greatly improve. Gas-burning inserts, in particular, are very energy efficient – much more so than the average wood-burning fireplace.
Other Benefits of wood fireplace inserts
- EPA-certified fireplace inserts can reduce wood-burning emissions to practically zero, meaning that your environmental footprint is much smaller than with an open-hearth fireplace.
- You can save money on your energy bill if you install a fireplace insert. A more efficient wood-burning heating system means less gas, oil, or electricity is required to heat your home. When the insert is not in use, the closed airtight glass doors will prevent heated inside air from escaping up through the chimney and also stops cold outdoor air from getting into the home, whether hot or cold this cuts your energy costs.
- Fireplace inserts have self-cleaning glass doors which can literally burn accumulated creosote off the glass making fire viewing practical. Since they are sealed, they can also solve occasional down-draft problems. If, for instance, a large gust of wind blows down into the chimney, the glass doors will prevent combustion gases from entering your home.
- Besides the fact that they are environmentally friendly, another top reason homeowner has fireplace inserts installed by our professional chimney technicians is to save money on the cost of remodeling. You can get a new look without having to do major remodeling work.
- In addition to the practical benefits of fireplace inserts, they are also very aesthetically pleasing. There are many stylish and beautiful models to choose from. Some fireplace inserts are installed flush with the face of your fireplace, totally inside your current firebox and some project out of the firebox a few inches onto the hearth, but they all give a room an appealing focal point, in addition to providing plenty of warmth during harsh winter weather.