By Klaudia Kovacs|Andrea Sturdivant Thursday, December 18, 2014
Most businesses slow down between Christmas and New Year’s. Here are 9 steps to utilize this time and get ready for a successful first quarter.
1. Clean out your pending emails and inbox. Organize your messages into folders. You can also sort them by numerals such as important dates, quarters or months.
2. Declutter your office, files, shelves, drawers, and desk. You can also organize your files by sorting by order of importance, subject, size, etc.
3. Go through your computer, delete duplicates and unnecessary files, backup data on a flash drive or CD-ROM, update programs, upgrade laptop, install new programs, etc.
4. Express your appreciation to your clients for their business. Send thank you cards, gifts, or special notes. Putting a personal touch on these makes a difference for many.
5. Get informed on new sales techniques, online technology and also remember to inform your business associates. Review your customers’ questions and update your marketing material accordingly. Let your customers know that you keep yourself updated on the latest news and research of your industry.
6. Polish your website and social media sites. You may also want to create new social media accounts and get acquainted with the new platforms.
7. Evaluate your team, business conducts, time management, and effectiveness and make changes is necessary. Start with the basics by reviewing your expectations and requirements for the New Year.
8. Revisit your marketing methods, tools and make adjustments if necessary.
9. And here is one of my favorites: Beautify your work environment. Taking your personality into account, create a space that empowers YOU. If you like beauty buy a beautiful picture. If empowerment is your thing, post quotes on your wall. If serenity smoothes your soul, get some candles and plants. If you are a sports fan why not decorate your office with your favorite sports team?
Last but not least, remember to enjoy the holidays! There is no need to put in long days during the last few days of the year. Just pick those steps that are most important to you. Whether you do all of them or just a few, either way they will help you to start a fruitful 2015.